Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good Vibrations. The Sky isn’t Blue!

.


Sometimes taste is all in the mouth as can be seen by the Beach Boys’ wardrobe in the attached clip. However, the real message is the title: Good Vibrations.

“Originally composed during the Pet Sounds sessions with original lyrics by Tony Asher, Wilson recorded the song in sections at different studios in order to capture the sound he heard in his head.” - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Vibrations

That is what happens when trying to capture those explicit sounds in the head. Sometimes the vibrations just make us dizzy. Trying to capture the good ones frequently makes me lightheaded because it is so difficult to get beyond the clutter. Great ideas are like that. They are surrounded by a large confusing cacophony of bewilderment. It is this disorientation and muddling through it that ultimately brings clarity and results in the good vibrations.


Going directly to the heart of the matter is not always the best way to do things when seeking enlightenment. The road less taken and avoiding the well known shortcuts eventually gets me to my destination, not as quickly or directly but in most cases more captivatingly. When driving from here to there I try to avoid going the same route time after time. Been there, done that. I prefer to see something that will give me an exposure to what I have not experienced yet or even lately.


DakotaDawg is the same way. She will pull at the leash to discover a new scent or someone different that is visiting her regular haunts and is enthusiastic to go to new places as she is checking everything out along the way. DakotaDawg invariably wants to experience good vibrations. Passage of time is not an essential dimension to my dawg. She is more curious and willing to do whatever time it takes to find out what she wants to know. DakotaDawg is far less concerned whether I think she has investigated that bush more than long enough. I have no idea what components of the different features of that bush she is so inquisitive about. She will continue probing until either she is satisfied or I get frustrated. Usually when this happens she will look up at me as if to ask: “What is your problem?”


I have figured out though the problem is that we are all in way too much of a hurry. We are impatient people who have become impatient with people, children and dawgs that seem to take too long to either discern the obvious or figure out those not so salient facts. It is certainly more fun having the patience to look thoroughly for the answer and help others in their quest.


I never fully got the answer to why the sky is blue. One thing is certain though and that part of the answer is that I can see.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&rlz=1R2TSNA_enUS351&q=%22why+is+the+sky+blue%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai = "Why is the sky blue?" - About 95,700 results (0.18 seconds). Now if I just had the time and patience.

Maybe I will just read a few; it just might take less time to think of it in different terms: "Why isn't the sky red?" Checking Google it looks like reading those 29 results could give me the same answer in a lot less time. Apparently far fewer people are interested in that. Is it just because it rarely happens?


"Why isn't the sky blue?" yields only one additional result. Is it because far too many think of such an obvious answer? It is night. Maybe it isn’t… we could still be in the dark.

© stevendphilbrick sr+ DakotaDawg 10/14/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment